Thursday 28 April 2016

[Solution] all my icons on my desktop changed to Microsoft Offoce picture manager. Every time I ty to get into a program microsoft office opens up. How can I fix this?

all my icons on my desktop changed to Microsoft Offoce picture manager. Every time I ty to get into a program microsoft office opens up. How can I fix this?

While uninstalling programs and files, I clicked on a file to see if it was something I needed or not and it asked me to choose a program to open it with.  I did andso mething wrong and now all my desktop icons and all my programs changed to microsoft office
picture manager and everytime I try to get into internet or anything else, it opens up in Microsoft office word.  How can I fix this?  Thanks for your advice.
 
JoAnn

Solutions to the Problem all my icons on my desktop changed to Microsoft Offoce picture manager. Every time I ty to get into a program microsoft office opens up. How can I fix this?

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Hi Jo Ann,
 
Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community forums.
 
 
When you run an .exe file on a Windows computer, the file may start a different program.
Additionally, the icon for the .exe file may not appear as expected.
You may also receive additional errors from the .exe file
or from the program that starts.
 
Let's refer the following Microsoft KB article and follow the steps mentioned to check if it fixes the issue.
 
 
When you run an .exe file on a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer, the file may start a different program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950505
 
 
Registry Disclaimer:
Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry.
However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
Therefore, make sure that you follow these
steps carefully.
For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
“Back up the registry”
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Back-up-the-registry
Hope it helps.
 
Please post back with the issue status also let us know if you have any questions regarding Windows and we will be happy to help.

To install drivers and other optional updates

  1. To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
  2. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
  3. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
  4. If any updates are found, click View available updates.
  5. Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: all my icons on my desktop changed to Microsoft Offoce picture manager. Every time I ty to get into a program microsoft office opens up. How can I fix this?:

How to Fix all my icons on my desktop changed to Microsoft Offoce picture manager. Every time I ty to get into a program microsoft office opens up. How can I fix this? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: ,All documents open in [Read Only] and [Compatibility Mode] from Windows Explorer,All I have on my computer is a Blue screen and a non-workable tab bar. Only way I can get online to look for help is through task manager...,All icons are blank, start menu does not open.,All day long Windows Internet Explorer stop working this is driving me crazy?,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text

Copyright © How to Fix Dll Not Found Error? | Powered by Blogger Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com